Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Una Hamburguesa

For a while I've been fascinated by the unique offerings of McDonalds' international locations.  Now, I am not a fan of American fast food chains' consuming the world; it pains me to be abroad and feel like I'm basically in America what with the obnoxious presence of McDonalds and the like.  Additionally, I am appalled by the marketing and quality of fast food; it's disgusting to think about what these places have done to the American palate -- not to mention consumer health -- and are now wreaking the same havoc on the rest of the world.  Don't get me wrong - I may be a conscientious eater, but the idea of a big mac makes my mouth water.  I get fast food's appeal; our attraction to it is primal, unthinking.  But I think we should aspire to eat...better.

OK, I could go on forever.  The point of this post was that while in Barcelona, I did NOT consume any McDonalds (OK, I did have a McCafe cappuccino, ugh), but I did get a kick out of checking out the local specials.  Here's what I discovered:



The NYCrispy!  How clever.  It appears to be a bacon cheeseburger of some variety.  I couldn't get much else because the servers behind the counter demanded that we stop snapping pictures.  Maybe they thought we were working for the King, el rei de hamburguesa.

No comments:

Post a Comment