Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Dessert in Espanya

During our stay in Barcelona, my friend and I decided to devote one day to just meandering around the city, not hunting out tourist destinations and burning out all our energy in doing so. While considering whether to eat at a modest looking restaurant in our hotel's neighborhood, a man who was passing on a motorbike recognized our indecisive looks and gave a thumbs up and pointed toward the restaurant in question. Seeing this as a good sign, we ate lunch at the place which we found to be quiet with a few locals. Our waitress spoke barely any English, and as pretentious as this sounds of me, I really love that. With ever increasing globalization and dominance of the English language, it is a treat for an anglophone tourist to experience being "lost" or linguistically an outsider. But, I digress...

My friend and I took pictures of our desserts, being that they were so prettily carved and elegant in design. It's ice cream shaped as flan with a caramel-almond topping. Who cares that they probably came from a package and rather than handcrafted at the eatery?

No comments:

Post a Comment