Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mercat de la Boqueria - Barcelona

During my summer 2011 trip to Barcelona, I had the opportunity to visit the famous marketplace - "Mercat de la Boqueria" - which is located off a crowded, touristy strip of a major road, Las Ramblas.
My pictures are similar to those that most tourists take of the market's fare, but I still think they're pretty neat. I love the fruits packaged with colored spoons. Eye-catching and convenient for a snack while afoot:
Next pic features this cute sangria stand. You can't dine in Spain without having sangria at some point.
While I didn't have any of the wine-fruit punch concoction, I did treat myself to a fruit smoothie. Unfortunately, it looks better than it tasted. Oh well, I had to choose looks over substance when it came to this rich purple color:


colorful smoothies

candy galore
more candy
meats

No comments:

Post a Comment