Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Product Review: Two Kinds of Trader Joe's Peanut Butter

I am a huge peanut butter lover.  It's delicious smeared on crackers, between whole-wheat slices of bread, as a noodle sauce, or with sliced apple. My preferred way to eat peanut butter, however, is all by itself. This can get me into some trouble as you can imagine, if I don't control myself!

If you're looking for a peanut butter that has no added sugar or salt and is ridiculously thick and creamy, try Trader Joe's Organic Peanut Butter.  Oh yes, it is also organic!


TJ's latest version of organic peanut butter is not as good as its former incarnation that included Valencia peanuts, but it still tastes pretty great. But if you want that one-of-a-kind Valencia taste and you don't mind added salt, then I recommend Trader Joe's Valencia Peanut Butter with Roasted Flaxseeds (Crunchy & Salted). I normally prefer smooth P.B., but the peanut pieces and flaxseeds in this spread give it a super crunchy texture that's to die for. Also, I like to believe that the inclusion of flaxseeds makes up for the salt content in terms of healthiness. 

flaxseeds ftw!

What's your favorite brand/kind of peanut butter?




No comments:

Post a Comment