Saturday, March 17, 2012

Two Trader Joe's Products: A New Fave & One Soon-to-try Item

Recently, during a shopping excursion at Trader Joe's, I picked up two products: one was new for me in that I had never tried it, while the other product is actually new to the store.

The former is TJ's Almond Butter with Flaxseeds.  I have previously extolled the wonders of this butter's peanut butter counterpart, and the almond version might be just as delicious.  Only problem is that I go through the jar way too fast! 


Since it is salted, and I eat a ton of this stuff (healthy fat, low carb, yo), I decided during a following trip to TJ's to opt for the non-salted creamy version instead. If I'm gonna be a pig, I might as well go with the healthier option. Plus, the creamy non-salted version actually has 1g more of protein per serving than the salted flaxseed one! 


The totally new product is the organic spicy hot cocoa.  I love the packaging, all Mayan themed.  So far, I have not actually made a cup of cocoa using it, but I did try a bit of the powder, and it was delicious -- chocolaty with just the right amount of spice, including cayenne pepper.  I am looking forward to trying and savoring a toasty serving of this, even though the weather has been warm lately.  


No comments:

Post a Comment