Saturday, December 14, 2013

Cupcakes for Thanksgivikah

This holiday season marked an historic event: the coinciding of the American Thanksgiving with Hanukkah ( the Jewish "festival of lights").  Many culinary (and other cultural) hybrids were inspired by this special event.  As baking has been my food fixation as of late, my Thanksgivikah involved sharing of dessert items, namely the resilient trendy yet here to stay cupcake.  For my family's Thanksgiving feast, I prepared pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.  



Being that we celebrated Chanukah only a few days following Thanksgiving, I made use of the leftover gooey, sweet, tangy frosting by dying it a blue appropriate for the holiday and using it as icing for my next round of cupcakes -- chocolate-chip vanilla.  This was my first time making chocolate chip cupcakes; they came out a bit dry and dense -- not as good as the pumpkin cupcakes. Nevertheless, I would say they were a hit with family and co-workers, though next time I will probably use a different recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment